Monday, November 15, 2010

Day in the Life of an Artist: Painting Completed

Happy Monday!After about a month or 2 I finally completed a challenging painting with a bottle and sauce server with a checkered and red cloth! I am pretty happy how it turned out. It being a dreary day in Denver it was a perfect day to paint.

Photo Still Life reference taken and set-up myself 2010
Checkered Still Life Oil on Canvas 18x24 Fall 2010
Doing the reflection alone was challenging by using a closeup of the silver design to work on the reflections. Working on drapery or cloth requires a lot of detail based on how the light hits it in the various spots. Onward to my next project as I keep plugging away.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Karen! Have you ever considered trying to sell some of your paintings on etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! You are conquering some of the most difficult painting challenges. XO

    ReplyDelete