I'm so excited that I had to make another entry before winding down and turning in. I write a lot better at night, so you can say I'm nocturnal. I would do almost everything at night when really society wants us to operate during the day time and be relaxed at night.
My inspiration for blogging again was when I saw the movie Julie/Julia last year with my folks and Julie (Amy Adams) wanted to try out all of Julia Child's recipe's and blog about it. I walked out of the theater and thought I could do this for my painting, make a painting a day and blog it. My thing is a lot different since I'm an oil painter and it can't be the same thing. Sure, I can be inspired by one or many artists but I want to do my own work rather than copy and follow their paintings. I know some artists can complete a painting in a day, which I applaud them. Unlike cooking which is a basic necessity, anyone could pull a meal in a day out of a cookbook but a painting is almost impossible if I want to create masterpieces. Masterpieces that my collectors can put on their walls to beautify their homes.
I'm a single woman now with other responsibilities and interests other than creating a painting. A job to hold to pay the bills, a dog to take care of and a significant other. I promise I won't bore you all about the processes of painting but their's many other things that I look forward to sharing besides my side hobby and future career as an artist. I like to read, practice Yoga, and spend time with my dog and I decided that this blog will be primarily based on those interests to make it exciting to my readers/followers. It's going to be a challenge to journal without revealing a lot about my personal life since it's on the internet and it's more crucial to be more private than ever in this day in age with identity theft and other stuff going on. This blog will not be a tell-all on my day-to-day life although it's not always perfect.
Now about the dog Cookie who carries the name of this blog. God really has a sense of humor. I always wanted a dog of my own, and wanted to hold off until I got a house with a yard. My now ex-husband(I will not disclose his name in respect to his privacy) surprised me with her after a trip to PetSmart. I was overwhelmed and a little upset that he didn't talk to me about it at first, but I fell in love with her the instant she walked through the door. As soon as I saw and first petted her all my doubts and reservations went out the door. Cookie gravitated to me on day one and became my side kick since. Although she's hyper she teaches me a lot about love and living in the moment. She's my best friend who I would do anything for and she's always there for me. She smiles with me and licks the tears off my cheeks whenever I cry. I'm grateful she ended up with me when my husband and I split up, I don't know what I would have done without her. I can say she's the best gift I received from my ex. I was overwhelmed at first when I moved Cookie and I in to the apartment and I have to raise her alone but it's not bad at all she's a great companion and she's so delightful that she brings me joy everyday. My family even fell in love with her too, she's a great addition and I consider myself lucky. It's like having a child and looking at them and loving them. She's having a good life with me with walks around Sloan's Lake, Doggie Daycare (rarely), and a few outings to see my mom and play in her yard. I can definitely relate to the movie Marley and Me, but Marley makes Cookie look like a mellower dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment