I just had a somewhat lazy day off and did not get out of the house until 2:30 pm after laboring at my day job on Labor Day weekend. Meininger is having a big art sale through the 26th of this month so I'm taking advantage of it. I picked up a few tubes of paint that could be expensive, most of them were 40 % off. I almost bought a tube of Cadmium Yellow but $54, sheesh! I have little left of that color and I will use up all I can. I may have to check out Hobby Lobby or Michaels if it's any cheaper. I got a pack of 2 more 18x24 canvases although I will use a 12x12 for my next project. I'm pretty well stocked up with smaller canvases but I want to go bigger, so after I get paid next I will pick up more bigger canvases as long as there 50% off.
I also picked up a copy of Southwest Art magazine as my inspiration, that will go on my Christmas wish list, when I subscribed it was a monthly treat. I have what I need including graphite paper to transfer my trace to the canvas. I will be trying a transparent white for highlights, I bought it in the smaller tube to give it a try. I had to buy bigger pallette paper, 12x15 because the smaller size does not work for me the way I spread paint when I mix it.
I work late tomorrow and it's already Thursday, where has this week gone? I want to try to get Yoga in tomorrow and a few other things done before going to work. I may have to start this on Friday as I'm anxious to pick up that paint brush.
Wow, art supplies are really expensive! It's nice you have some coupons though...
ReplyDelete