Monday, January 24, 2011

Easy and Good Marinara Sauce

Since my painting slowed down slightly, I thought I would share a recipe that I tried out tonight. My Mother's wonderful Mother-in-Law left us some wonderful recipes, her cooking was always tasty and created a wonderful aroma in the house. I think like Julie and Julia, I'm going to blog about my Step-Grandmother Grace's recipes. That is more doable than experimenting with Julia Child's recipes that are complex.

The recipe is as simple as follows:

"Saute chopped Garlic in Olive Oil, add plum tomatoes and squash them til the plum is broken, cook 15 minutes-then add Basil, Oregano , Salt (optional), and pepper and one can of tomato paste. Cook 15 minutes more. All done!!"-Cooking with Grace by Nancy Accetta, December 2010, p.5

This is old school with no measurements so you have to rely on your sense of smell. I used Roma Tomatoes  which works fine and fresh Basil.
I chopped them prior to placing in pan
I used a similar concept from Martha Stewart Living 13 years ago but she complicated it by peeling the tomatoes. I don't find that step necessary.
The finished product on the pasta of my choice!

Nothing like simple fresh Marinara sauce that doesn't take a lot of preparation and I even have leftovers!
It made for a delicious dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment