Monday, February 14, 2011

Leaning Pink Vase Project

Happy Valentines Day followers! I have a lot on my plate right now to start 2011 and 2 months into it and 1 year at my apartment. My hours were cut so bad that I've been spending time tweeking my resume and looking at online job postings that painting has hardly been a priority. I've been away from art classes for a while due to lack of hours to pay for them. I'm also thinking about cancelling my Core Power Yoga membership and switching to buying classes in blocks if they'll let me.

Anyway to my project which I thought was going to be an easy painting but there were challenges that went along with it. The pink vase was a simple vase that I picked up from the ARC thrift store down the street that was dull without the shine unlike the other glass subjects I did. Like anything else there were various shades in the reflections in both the vase and the cloth.

Photo Reference

Leaning Pink Vase, Oil on Canvas 18x24, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment