Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day in the Life of an Artist: Part III Shopping for still life props

Me being queen procrastinater I put off painting at Sloan's Lake doing landscapes, being a perfect weather day for it. That's just as well since the leaves on the trees are still mostly green since it's been a very warm start for the fall. I went over to Hobby Lobby and they had a sale on fabrics, so I bought a yard or 2 of some colors which I think will work for still life props.







These were 30% off a yard and added up to $27 plus tax, I will have fun with these.

The best part is going to ARC which is down the street from my apartment and I don't know why I didn't stop in there sooner, but it was a busy store today. Why it was busy it was 50% off colored label merchandise and Brick Brac shopping couldn't be any more fun! Check out all these finds which came together for $20!
They insisted I box them although I told them I was just going up the street.




It's going to be fun to put a scene together and turn them into painting, my creative juices are flowing! I recommend that to any artist!

Last but not least my latest piece of work where I walked you through the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment