It was a rainy morning and I thought it would be a rainy day but the sun was coming out this afternoon although it was cold. It was a day to start on a new and challenging project. I thought it would be fun to work on a checkered cloth since it's dramatic and could be fun to paint. All I worked on today was the cloth since there was a lot of detail and different colors on the white although it's not plain white. My instructor insisted that we don't use just white on our paintings.
With the detail involved I have to make sure my hand was not shaky as I'm doing detail work. I started at 1:30 and finished about 4:30ish and it was only that portion of the painting. I used the smaller pallette paper since I was only doing that cloth.
I promised myself that I would finish filling in the cloth for now and sharpen it up tomorrow no matter how long it takes.
It still has a very long way to go. I should do hiatus' more often, it's nice painting on my own without an instructor looking over my shoulder while I paint. I will keep posting the progress of this painting as I go along discussing color.
No comments:
Post a Comment